A little about Me...!

My photo
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
Former Name: Alok Aditya, Writer, Journalist, Yoga expert and a Social Activist. Editor: Jagriti Samvad (Hindi By-monthly). Author of 'Song of the Woods' published from Ranchi, India in December 1993. Studied Media from Sweden (Europe). The book 'Song of the Woods' includes the lifestyle, art, literature, culture and tradition of the Adivasis of Jharkhand region. The book was liked and appreciated by the Social Scientists of India and the other countries of the world. Other than this I have also compiled a small book 'India As I Know It' which was published from Sweden in 1998. This book contains the brief information about India. Friends, I declare myself as a World Citizen. I do not believe in castes, creed or colour. I love to be free from all types of narrow domestic walls.

Sunday 22 May 2011

How many of us have studied the Bhagvad Gita...!!!

According to the sources, Mr. Rajiv Dixit has said some bad things about the ISKCON. I am sad to hear what Mr. Rajiv Dixit has said in public. Of course, he has rights to express his views in public as everyone has in Indian democracy, but then he also needs to prove it.

I have been to the ISKCON temple and the Govinda’s restaurant when I was in Sweden. And I can say that ISKCON people are working very good and very hard on human service and service to the God. They are always careful about the purity in the temple and also in their daily life. They are careful when they serve food to the people.

In 1998, I was busy in visiting schools and colleges and giving lectures about India. I was surprised when I was brought to a Govinda's restaurant by a Swedish friend because it was the first time when I got real, pure and perfectly cooked Indian food after a long time (almost one year).

There I met two girls who were serving the food. I must say that their parents were originally Christians, but they converted into the Lord Krishna's Bhakti by becoming the members of ISKCON. The one girl was German and one was from some other country, but of course not from India. The German girl had Swedish mother and a German father. The kids in our society gets identity from the father side, therefore she was German. I was impressed by the two of them. They were very nice personalities. There was also a sevak (servant) from Africa. He was originally a Muslim. He was black and very strong man. He used to keep washing the utensils in the restaurant.

I got connected with them and requested to tell me something about Shri Mad Bhagvad Gita and Lord Krishna. They just started and gave a very good 45 minutes lecture. They were only 20 and 22. They also sang Bhajans (sacred songs) for me, because I was from India, they thought I would like it. I want to ask, how many of us have studied the Bhagvad Gita in depth and have strong belief, as they were having in that early age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends, it is always nice to read comments on the published materials. Getting reactions about an article shows that the article was not only read but also valued. Thank you very much for writing a reaction... Come again...!!!